Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wash day talk

So I washed my hair on Sunday and overall it went normally. As I stated in an earlier post that I was going to do a black tea rinse because I noticed some shedding that felt like more then normal.

-I did not pre-poo or do a hot oil treatment this past wash day just because I was lazy.....not good! I love doing hot oil treatments and if I could I would do them every wash day but I dont feel like my hair needs that many oil treatments so I do them every other week.
-I used the same shampoo that I have been using for the past couple of months. The Nexxus shampoo. I mix my shampoo with tea tree oil because this oil is a known anti-fungus. By diluting my shampoo with an oil I have noticed that the shampoo is not as harsh on my hair but is still able to clean my scalp. I think this shampoo mix maybe my new staple shampoo......but I do not want to speak to sooner.
-After my shampoo I did my black tea rinse. I put some of the black tea into a spray bottle so that I could reach my roots and not just the length of my hair. I part my hair into fours and spray each section making sure that I get my roots. I pour the rest of the tea on the length of my hair and let it sit on my hair for about 5 to 10 minutes. It makes your hair feel hard like you are doing a protein treatment. After the 10 minutes are up I wash the black tea out of my hair and add some conditioner and my hair feels back to normal.
-I deep conditioned with a new deep conditioner. Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I have to use it a couple more times before I can give a review but I like it so far. I mixed it with my regular oils and sat under the dryer for 45 minutes and washed it out. Then add Roux to my hair which is also a new product I am using that I will review.
-I detangled and used my normal leave ins.

Happy Hair Journey. See you guys next post. This is just a picture of my hair air drying after I detangled it with leave-ins in it.

3 comments: