Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wash Day

So I usually wash my hair on Sundays but I had no hot water on Sunday........ugh I hate apartment living sometimes. So I had to move my wash day till Monday. The only problem with that was that I had already started my hot oil treatment before I noticed that I had no hot water. So I had to leave the oil on my hair over night.

1. Hot Oil Treatment-Washed the hot oil treatment out of my hair. Leaving the hot oil in my hair over night was actually a good thing because it soften up my hair.

2. Clarify Shampoo- I shampooed my hair with the ORS Aloe Shampoo and their Uplifting shampoo. My hair did feel clean after I lathered with each shampoo once so that equals a total of two lathers. This is just what my hair and scalp needed.

3. Tea Rinse- I did a Black/Green tea rinse. I used two black tea bags and one green tea bag. I made this mixture the night before and added Aloe vera juice because I have recently learned that my hair likes Aloe vera juice and gel. I put this mixture in a spray bottle and focused on my scalp. I left the mixture on my hair for about 10 minutes then washed it out.

4.Smoothing- I softened up my hair by placing Herbal Essence Color Me Happy all over my hair and left it on for about another 10 minutes.

5. Protein Treament- I don't remember the last time I did a heavy to medium protein treatment. I usually just deep condition with the ORS Replenishing Conditioner before my co-washes to get some protein in my hair. I used the Giovanni Hair Reconstructor Conditioner. This was the first time I have used this product. I sat under the hooded dryer for about 20 minutes. It made my hair hard like a protein treatment, but once I washed it out of my hair felt stronger.

6. Deep Conditioning- I then deep conditioned my hair with Silk Elements Megasilk deep conditioner. I LOVE this deep conditioner.

7. Leave-in/Detangling-T-shirt dried my hair for about 10 minutes then used my fav. leave-in, which is the Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner.

8. Air Dried my hair

The picture below is my hair about 80% dry and I am about 13 weeks post......I think lol I am so bad at keeping up with the weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment