Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Post Relaxer Wash Day

Since this is the first wash day after my relaxer I want to add the protein back into my hair that the relaxer took away. :(

I started my wash day by doing a hot oil treatment. I used castor oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes. I let the oil sit on my hair a little bit longer because I got hungry so I got a bit to eat.

I clarified my hair using the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and the ORS Uplifting Shampoo. I lathered twice with the Creamy Aloe Shampoo then one lather with the Uplifting Shampoo. I like both of these shampoo and I have used them separate but most of the time I use them together. I dont know why just something I do. Yall know how you have that one thing you do on your hair journey that you cant explain why but you keep on doing it lol!!!

Now that my hair is clean I needed to add some protein. So I choose to use The Giovanni Hair Recontructor instead of the ORS Hair Mayo conditioner. This is the second time I have used this product so I cant do a true product review but I do like this product. It adds just the right amount of protein to my hair that I need. After I cover my hair in the conditioner I sat under the hooded dryer for 20 minutes. It makes some parts of my hair hard like my edges and ends, but that is probaby because I add extra product to those parts of my hair. But after you run some water on your hair it will soften up.



After my protein treatments I followed up with my favorite moisturizing deep conditioner, which was the Silk Elemets Megasilk deep conditioner. I also mixed the conditioner with my normal oils. I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes then left it on for another hour while I did my at home workout session. I am trying to get my butt and leg in shape before the summer lol!!!!





I did add some Herbal Essence Body Envy to my hair because it is suppose to add some volume to the hair so I am still trying it out. So far I dont see a difference but I do love the smell and it does soften up the hair. But I will use it some more before I give a product review. Before my final rinse with cool/cold water I applied Roux conditioner. I have been using this conditioner and I do love it alot. It keeps my hair balanced after adding all these different products to my hair.





For my leave-in I used the Cantu Shea butter leave-in repair conditioner. I choose this leave-in because it has protein in it and like I start before I was trying to add the protein that the relaxer removed from my hair. Even those I know I cant add all the protein back but that cant stop me from trying. I placed the leave-in on my hair then I detangled and sealed with grapeseed oil. Then I air dryed.





That was my wash day. Hope you enojyed the post. Let me know what you guys post relaxer wash days look like, I would love to know.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting article. You're funny too. Do you still follow this routine or have you found a better one? I'm about to wash my relaxed hair for the first time

    ReplyDelete