Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wash day!!! Everyone loves a wash day

So today is my wash day!!! Since I have been wearing my wig everyday I only wash my hair twice a month.......ewww I know but it is so much easier on me.



I started off by putting oil on my fingers and started taking out the 12 braids. After I took a braid out I saturated that section with Tresemme Naturals conditioner and used my wide tooth comb to detangle. I love this conditioner because it gives my hair great slip and makes detangling so easy. For not combing my hair in two weeks I did not shed too much so I am happy about that. Once each section was detangled I put four large twists in my hair, covered it with a plastic cap and went to the gym to workout. This was my pre-poo treatment I guess you can call it. Really I just wanted to get the gym out of the way so I could just focus on my hair for the rest of the day. I wasn't at the gym too long probably about an hour and a half.

 

Once I got home I hopped into the shower and started to shampoo my hair with the elasta  qp conditioning shampoo. I tried to keep my hair in the four twists but for some reason I can not get the shampooing in sections down so I just ending up washing my hair regular. I did a green tea treatment on my hair to help reduce the shedding..........even though I did not shed a lot its better to be safe then sorry. I left the green tea in my hair for about five to ten minutes while I washed the rest of my body. I rinsed the green tea out of my hair and followed up with the same conditioner I pre-pooed with which was the Tresemme Naturals. This conditioner also does a great job with softening up my hair. I left the conditioner on for about three minutes because it does not take long for this stuff to work its magic on my hair.

I t-shirt dried my hair to soak up some of the water and then I proceed on to deep conditioning my hair. I used the Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner mixed with a couple different oils. I used my heating cap because I was watching tv and did not feel like sitting under the hooded dryer. After I rinsed the deep conditioner out of my hair I t-shirt dried my hair for about 20 minutes then applied my leave-in conditioner, which is the Giovanna direct leave-in. After I put the leave-in on my hair I then put my moisturizer and a serum over that, then I detangled my hair. I also used Mane N Tail detangler and Tui from Carol's daughter to help with the couple of tangles that I get in the middle of my head. Detangling was pretty easy because I had already detangled before washing my hair.

I let my hair air dry and then went to bed. I was too tried to braid it up so I just did that the next morning. Here are a couple pictures of my hair. I think my ends are holding up good. I will be flating my iron by myself at home next week because July 28th marks my one year on this healthy hair journey!!!! I will have comparing pictures talk about what I have learned on this journey.

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great. Great way to detangle. I should've tried that while wiggin' perhaps I wouldn't have had so much breakage. I missed washing my hair weekly so I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yea I saw that conditioner method on youtube!!

      Delete
  2. whats ur hair lenght now
    pls update us

    ReplyDelete