Friday, November 23, 2012

Product review on ORS Hair Masque

I love my deep conditioners that I have been using lately but I am kind of a product junkie and I like trying new products. So I went to my local Beauty supply store and they were giving out free samples of ORS products. I picked up a couple samples of the Hair Masque because I had heard some good reviews on YouTube. And I had never tried a masque before.

So lets first start off with the ORS Hair Masque. I got 4 small samples but I only used two of them in my deep conditioner mix because the product is very thick kind of like a lotion. On the front it says that it is an intense treatment for heat and color damaged hair. I thought that this was perfect because I had just got a relaxer the week before and flat ironed my hair.

On the back it says this product: "is an intense treatment conditioner that helps restore heat and color damaged hair. Infused with natural ingredients, this hair masque will revitalize and detangle the hair, leaving it soft, shiny and smooth."

Pros: I loved that it was a thick deep conditioner. It did not wash out of my hair like some other deep conditioners that are lighter. The smell was nice and not too strong. It also mixed well with my oils that I always add to my deep conditioner. A small amount of this product goes a long way, so you will it your money's worth. Easy to detangle.

Cons: Should not use weekly. I would not use this on dry hair because it is so thick and would be hard to put on without the slip you get from water. It felt more like a light protein treatment to my hair. Did not have much new growth so I don't know how it would react to my new growth. My hair felt a little hard after it was air dried.

I have 2 more samples that I plan on using when I get closer to my next relaxer so I can see how it reacts with my new growth. The person who gave me that samples told me that I should only use it every 4 to 8 weeks. So if I was to buy this product I would try to find a small size since I would not be using it than much as I do my weekly deep conditioner.


Hope you enjoyed this review and leave comments if you have tried product and how you felt about it!!
Have a happy hair journey!!!

Ingredients: Water, Ceterayl alcohol, polysorbate 60, PEG-150 Sterate, cetyl alcohol, ceterareth-20, PEG-20 hydrogenated lanolin, PEG-40 sterate, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, polyquaternium-7, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PPG-1 trideceth-6, glycerin, dimethicone, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, hydrolyzed keratin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, lea europaea (olive) fruit oil, panthenol, hydrogenated olive oil, PEG-7 methyl olivate, amodimethicone, trideceth 12, hydroxyethylcellulose, DMDM hydantoin, disodium edta, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, parfum, benzyl benzoate, d-limonene, hexyl cinnamal, lillal, linalool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    how do you feel about the hair masque in comparision with the replenishing conditioner?
    since you wrote that the masque is a light protein too, i'm curious about which of both you would prefer...



    http://hairausforderung.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the replenishing conditioner better because it cost less and can be used weekly. I only like to use the masque like the week after I get a re laxer.

      Delete